Help Me Move My Pet

Pet Travel Question: Obtaining a USDA Endorsement

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 by Pet Travel Questions

Name: Georgie
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Scottish Terrier
From: New York City
To: Firenze, Italia

What is the USDA endorsement? Is it needed on the health certificate? Where/how do you get it? He will be traveling with me at my seat, not as luggage.


Hi Georgie,

Thanks for contacting us with your pet travel question. First, take a look at the pet import requirements for the UK (which are scheduled to change Jan. 1, 2012) to find the full list of regulations.

With a service like PetRelocation.com, we would handle the USDA endorsement process (which consists of sending the health documents, available from your USDA-certified veterinarian, to your local USDA office --  here's a resource that should help you find the USDA office closest to you). It's possible to do it yourself, too, however.

Please contact us if you have any questions, and good luck with the trip!

Comments for Pet Travel Question: Obtaining a USDA Endorsement

blog comments powered by Disqus