Help Me Move My Pet


Attention:  This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements.  Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.


1. Microchip:  Each Pet shall be identified by means of a microchip.  No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785. Belgium currently accepts AVID 9 and AVID 10 in addition to ISO. The microchip must be implanted before the rabies vaccine is administered.

2. Rabies Vaccination and Certificate: All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate signed by the vet. The Rabies vaccine must be at least 21 days old at the time of the final health exam.

3. It is suggested that all animals have full vaccinations, as well:

Dogs:  Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus (DHLPP) and Bordatella.

Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia (FVRCP).

These should be valid at the time of import and administered no less than two weeks before export date for maximum effectiveness.

4. EU Health Certificate (Form Annex II): This will be provided by your PetRelocation Specialist. This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your accredited Veterinarian and must be signed in a different color than that of the certificate's printing (usually blue ink).  This certificate is valid for 10 days from the date of issue by the official veterinarian until the date of the checks at the EU point of entry.  For the purpose of further movements within the EU, this certificate will be valid for a total of 4 months from the date of issue or until the date of expiration of the rabies vaccination, whichever date is earlier.

5) USDA Endorsement:  The below referenced forms:

Microchip Implantation Record

  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vet Letter
  • EU Vet Health Certificate

Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval.  Please contact your PetRelocation.com representative on the best way of handling this.

6) International Health Certificate:  Your vet should have these in stock.  It’s a good idea to call ahead and ask.  This is an international health certificate that needs to be completed by your vet within 10 days of departure.  Depending on the logistics of your particular pet relocation and the specific health certificate being used (APHIS Form 7001) an additional USDA Endorsement maybe required on this health certificate.  Speak to your PetRelocation.com specialist regarding the USDA portion of this process.

7)  All original documentation listed above must travel with the pets.

8)  In order for us to successfully clear customs we will need the following documents supplied prior to the animal’s arrival:

  • Copy of Pet Owner’s Passport

  • Note from Pet Owner’s Employer for the Relocation

Want to be added to our listings?  Contact us!

Vet Clinics

Dr. Ladade 27 Av. Charles Madoux, 1160 Bruxelles. Tel: 02 735 25 28
(English spoken)

Pet Shops

Name: 'T Viske

Company Name: 'T ViskeContact Name: Hans Clement

Address line 1: De Breyne Peelaertstraat 25Address line 2: City: DiksmuideState: Zip: 8600Country: Belgium

Phone: 32 (0) 51 50 42 37Alternative Phone: Fax: 32 (0) 51 50 38 14

Email: t_viske@itinera.be



The Kingdom of Belgium is a country in northwest Europe bordered by the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, and France, with a short coastline on the North Sea. It is one of the founding members of the European Union and hosts its headquarters, as well as those of other major international organizations, including NATO. Belgium has a population of over ten-and-a-half million people, in an area of around 30,000 square km.

Capital: Brussels

Languages: Dutch, French, German

Currency: Euro (€)

Belgium shares borders with France (620 km), Germany (167 km), Luxembourg (148 km) and the Netherlands (450 km). The coastal plain consists mainly of sand dunes and polders. Polders are areas of land, close to or below sea level that have been reclaimed from the sea, from which they are protected by dikes or, further inland, by fields that have been drained with canals. The central plateau lies further inland. It is a smooth, slowly rising area that has many fertile valleys and is irrigated by numerous waterways. Rougher land occurs on the plateau, including caves and small gorges. High Fens in the Ardennes.The Ardennes, is more rugged than the first two regions. It is a thickly forested plateau, very rocky, and with little agricultural capability. It extends into northern France, and into Germany, where it is named Eifel. Much of Belgium's wildlife can be found in the Ardennes and the country's highest point, the Signal de Botrange at 694 metres (2,277 ft), is located in the region.


The climate is maritime temperate, with significant precipitation in all seasons. The average temperature is lowest in January at 3 °C (37 °F), and highest in July at 18 °C (64 °F). The average precipitation per month varies between 54 millimetres (2.1 in) in February or April, to 78 millimetres (3.1 in) in July.

Want to be added to our listings?  Contact us!

A-Z in Belgium, www.a-z.be/belgium.html, provides useful links to information and resources about Belgium

Focus Career Services, www.focusbelgium.org, is a non-profit career and education service center for Belgium 's international community.