United Arab Emirates
Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES IMPORT RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
1. All animals need to be implanted with a microchip: Compatible with international standards(ISO 11784/11785).
2. All animals need to have Full Vaccinations:
Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Leptospirosis, (DHLPP) and Rabies within the last 12 months and a minimum of 21 days before arrival.
Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia (FVRCP), and Rabies within the last 12 months and a minimum of 21 days before arrival.
3. RNATT Test: Unless you are originating from one of the countries below, your pet will have to under go a Rabies Neutralizing Antibody Test (RNATT). The RNATT test result must not be less than 0.5 iu/ml, and, furthermore, must not be older than three months at the time of your pet’s arrival. The countries listed below are considered “Rabies Free” or “Rabies Controlled” by the UAE Ministry of Environment and Water (MEW) and are exempt from this portion of the import process: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
4. Apply for the import permit: Your PetRelocation.com Specialist will do this on your behalf.
5. APHIS form 7001 issued within 10 days of departure: Your vet should have these in stock. It’s a good idea to call ahead and ask. This is an international health certificate that needs to be completed by your vet and sent to the USDA for the correct endorsement. Speak to your PetRelocation.com specialist regarding the USDA portion of this process as certain packages have this included.
6. The Following Documentation needs to be present at the time of customs clearance. Please provide these to your Pet Relocation Specialist prior to your animal departing:
- Copy of the Pet Owner’s Passport
A maximum of two pets are allowed per passport.
Local Pet Resources
Want to be added to our listings? Contact us!
The British Veterinary Center: Abu Dhabi, UAE PH: 941 2 665 0085 Email: info@Britvet.ae
American Veterinary Clinic: Abu Dhabi UAE PH: 971 2 6655044 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABvC: Dubai UAE PH: 971 4 340 8601 Email: email@example.com
Groomers and Pet Supplies
Creature Comforts: Dubai UAE PH: 971 50 695 9480 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pets Oasis: P.O.Box: 3468 Um Al Quwain United Arab Emirates PH: 971 6 766 2397 Email: email@example.com