Cat Travel from Jamaica

Name: Brandi
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Cat
Pet Breed: Domestic Short hair
From: Jamaica
To: America

Dear PetRelocation,

It appears that all I need to do to import my cat to America is to get a letter from the vet saying she is healthy. Is this the case?




Hi Brandi,

The answer to your question is "just about." In addition to the international health certificate, you also need to show proof that your cat has an up-to-date rabies vaccine. Take a look at the full pet import requirements for the United States.

In addition to these preparations, we advise that you choose a pet friendly airline and also work to help get your cat acclimated to the travel crate. If you need some advice about this, take a look at these tips for crate training a cat.

If you are wondering about anything else, we invite you to take a look at a few frequently asked pet travel questions. Finally, if you think you'd like some help organizing your move, please fill out our free quote form.

Thanks for reaching out to us, Brandi. We wish you lots of luck with your move!



PetRelocation Team





United States
Back to top