Chihuahua Travel to Peru

Name: Diana
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Chihuahua
From: Estonia
To: Peru



I need to move my dog to Peru. Do I need to have a rabies certificate, or is it enough to just have a vet certificate?

Best regards,


Hi Diana,

Thanks for the question. These are the pet import requirements for Peru. Your dog will need a microchip, full vaccines (including rabies), and an international health certificate. These documents need to be endorsed by local authorities.

You will also need to spend time choosing a pet friendly airline and picking out a travel crate that's the right size for your dog (and airline approved). If you have questions about any part of this process, please peruse the PetRelocation blog for guidance or contact our office for a free quote if you think you'd like some assistance.

Hopefully this helps to get you started. Thanks again for your message, and good luck with everything!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top