Petrelocation.com - Has your home gone to the dogs? Our friend over at HouseHoundBlog.com has some great points to freshen up your home and make your living environment more attractive.
- Remove wall to wall carpeting and replace with hardwood floors. Carpeting traps fur and oils and is easily stained. Hardwood floors are easy to clean and keep your home looking fresh especially during the winter.
- Repaint your walls with a gloss paint such as Benjamin Moore Regal Matte finish. This is a new line of paint that combines the rich, deep look of a flat paint with the washability of a gloss. Flat finish paints are difficult to clean and the paint will often come off when you are trying to clean Fidos smudge marks.
- Reupholster your furniture and change the petҒs bedding to match your pets fur color. Although the fur is still there this can make a tremendous difference in the overall appearance of your home.
- Set up an animal room near an entry. This will help contain your petҒs dirt to one area. Ideally, this room should have tile floors for easy clean up and an area where towels can be stored to wipe your pet down upon entry.
- Cover the hardwood floors with patterned area rugs. The pattern in the rug will hide some of the fur and makes cleaning easier. One of my clients bought modular carpet tiles for one of their rooms and it looks great. The carpet squares stick to the floor with adhesive and come in a variety of styles and patterns. They are easy to install and best of all easy to replace if Fido stains one of the squares.
What great tips for getting your new house ready for the dogs after pet transport!