Dog Travel from Germany to the United States

Name: Bret
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Westie
From: Germany
To: Nevada, USA

Dear PetRelocation,

My dog has a current rabies vaccine, tag, and certificate. We will fly into Las Vegas with a dog in a cabin on Condor Airlines. Must I have a health certificate for entry in Nevada for my dog or is current rabies sufficient?




Hi Bret,

It sounds like you're off to a great start. Look at the pet import requirements for the United States to see everything you'll need to consider -- note that you will need an international health certificate issued by your vet within 10 days of travel.

If you have any other questions about pet travel rules or if you need further tips or advice, feel free to contact us or check out our blog for more information.

Thanks for getting in touch with us, and have a great trip!


PetRelocation Team




United States, Germany
Back to top