Exotic Pet Travel Question: Moving Sugar Gliders

Hello there, my name is Kostas and I live in Greece. I'd like to know what are the laws regarding importing a sugar glider to Athens from the US (Texas). Thanks in advance!

Hi Kostas, thanks for your inquiry!

When traveling with exotic pets internationally you'll want to check the CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) species database to see if your pets are protected.

Take a look at the information we have on our site about moving exotic animals and let us know if you have any more questions or if you require assistance during your move. The proper permits can often take up to 6 months to obtain, so it's best to get started soon.

Don't forget to find us on Facebook, as well. We have thousands of friends around the world, some of whom may be able to share their own sugar glider experiences!

Good luck with everything, Kostas!


PetRelocation Team





Add a Comment

By Angela Miller on October 5, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Can sugar gliders move to Santiago Chile?

Add a Comment

Name is required

Email is required and must be in the format email@domain.com

Comment is required

Back to top