Horse travel from Canada to the US (and back)

A Canadian citizen has been in Texas with her horses for 40 days attending college rodeos. She entered with proper international health certificates. Is there a grace period for re-entering Canada, or does she have to go through the requirements of obtaining international health certificate from U.S.? Thank you, -Lorna

Hi Lorna,

It looks like 40 days exceeds the definition of a temporary import (which is 30 days), so you will need to secure the necessary documents in order to re-enter Canada. Take a look at these guidelines and at this previous PetRelocation post about importing horses, and please contact us if you require further assistance.

Happy traveling!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top