Importing Pets to China! - Pet moving to China is a rather simple process, as long as you research not only the Country's Import Requirements but also each individual city in China - as they all vary from what is required for import. Quarantine depends on the city you are importing to - Please contact us or the local authorities for the most current quarantine rules for Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guanzhou, Tianjin, Nanjing, Dalian, Hangzhou, Shenyang, Harbin or any other city you plan on moving to.

Below is a simple breakdown of the main Import Rules and Requirements for pet transporting to China!

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.


1) Microchip: Each Pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785- otherwise the pet will need to be sent with its own scanner attached to the top of the crate.

2) Rabies Vaccination & Certificate: All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain Җ some are good for two years, others are only good for one. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine.

3) Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001) This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited Veterinarian. Must be issued within 10 days of the flight. 4) USDA Endorsement: The above referenced forms:
  • Microchip Implantation Record
  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vet Health Certificate
5) Current Vaccination Records
For Dogs & Cats Respectively:

__Canine Distemper. Parvovirus and Hepatitis

__Feline Cat Flu-Feline Calicivirus

__Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis

__Chlamydia Psittaci

__Cat Enteritis-Feline Panleukopaenia/Feline Parvo Virus

Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your local representative on the best way of handling this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments!

Happy Pet Travels!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top