International Pet Health Certificate for Import of Pets to the US

We often get asked about requirements for bringing pets into the US. All that is required is an International Health Certificate and a current rabies vaccination. The International Health Certificate, when importing pets to the US, can be something as simple as a print out from your vet's office stating your pet is healthy for pet travel. However, if you'd like to use this template, it is also acceptable.

Remember this only can be used for imports into the US - exports from the US require an official International Health Certificate Form 7001, which your vet must obtain from the USDA. For more details on this form, see our other pet friendly blog posts about it.

International Health Certificate for US Imports / Bringing Pets to the US

As always, contact PetRelocation if you'd like some help arranging safe transport for your pet.


PetRelocation Team




Back to top