We received a question today about what is required to move pets from Hong Kong to pet friendly Indonesia. Below are the import requirements.
Import Pet (Dogs & Cats) to Indonesia from Hong Kong
The documents required for obtain an import permit 3 weeks in advance :
- Copy of owner passport, front page only
- Copy of vaccination certificate/ books/ certificate
- Address and phone no. for delivery the pets
An import permit must be available by the time of pets arrive.
There’s quarantine for 14 days after your pets arrive in Indonesia, so please make sure that your pets have below vaccines updated
Bordetela/Kennel Cough (preferable the intranasal one)
Above vaccines need to be give min 30 days max 11 months.
Health Certificate can just be obtained within 5 days before your pet’s departure date.
The importation of pet animals (dogs & cats) shall be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate issued by a competent veterinary officer or the Government Veterinary Authority of country of export, certifying that :
- Rabies has not been reported within the area where the animal has lived for the last 6 (six) months preceding export
- The animal had been in country of origin for a period of not less than 6 (six) months preceding export
- The animal in 5 (five) days before departure must be examined by veterinarian, and found to be healthy and free from any clinical sign of rabies and infectious or contagious diseases of dog/cat, at the time of examination and certification
- The animal at least must be 3 (three) months old and has been vaccinated against rabies using killed-rabies vaccine
Fleas & Ticks Prevention
Your pets need to have flea & tick prevention 2 days before shipment. The spot on one can be work; we’re suggesting not use the flea collar.