Moving pets to Brazil from the US - Are consular endorsements required?

Many Latin and South American countries require not only a USDA endorsement from the state veterinarian but also a consular endorsement from their government's consulate office.  However, Brazilhas adopted a "norm of reciprocity," which means that countries that do not require a Brazilian government endorsement for shipments coming from Brazil are treated in kind and not required to provide a Brazilian conuslar endorsement for shipments into Brazil.

The United States falls into this category, as the US does not require a consular endorsement for pets coming from Brazil (or any other country).  This means that pets traveling to Brazil will only need the USDA endorsement on their exporting paperowrk.

For a full list of the import requirements for moving pets to Brazil, click here.



PetRelocation Team




Back to top