New Zealands South Island
If you are considering holidaying in New Zealand with your pet; naturally you’ll want to see and visit the very best the country has to offer as far as sightseeing and attractions and it is imperative that you book a safe and comfortable dog-friendly hotel room. After a full day of sightseeing; when you need some where comfy to rest your head- Fido will tell you that just any old dog house definitely won’t do! With a pet friendly hotel or resort, you and your dog will both be well looked after.
New Zealand’s South Island has everything covered on your list of top attractions whether you are a lover of nature or a thrill seeker that demands the biggest adventures to get your heart really pumping. You can take a cruise on the waters off New Zealands South Island coast and watch as remarkable whales visit at Kaikoura, and through to the splendid Milford Sound fiord which is truly nature unsurpassed. Queenstown is the place for thrills and spills; famous for the AJ Hackett Bungy and spine-tingling Shot over Jet power-boat extravaganza! The incredible scenery in the South Island is spectacular, to say the least. You and your dog will stare in wonder and be amazed as you experience a glacier landing in Mount Cook with either The Helicopter Line or Mount Cook Ski Planes.ҠBe sure to allow plenty of time to experience all of the great attractions in the South Island.
Pet friendly pet travel accommodation in the region includes a mixture of camp sites, holiday parks, motels, bed & breakfasts, back-packers, private holiday homes, home/farm stays all over the country.
- Naish Park Motor Camp; Balclutha: Dog friendly camping and CaravanPark where all mutts, moggies and other caged pets more than welcome, as are horses.
- Montana Lodge Motel; Blenheim: Great friendly but must have own bedding or mat for pets to sleep on, keep them under control at all times and clean up after them. Dog exercise area is also available. Other caged pets allowed. Horses welcome
- Casino Park Lodge Motel; Christchurch: Bring dogs own bedding and a water bowl. PetҒs toileting to be carried out in outside garden area. Other caged pets also allowed.
- Garden Grove Motel; Invercargill: Please consult before booking to see if space is available and be sure to look after your pets like children. Please bring pet’s bedding.
- Okiwi BayHolidayPark and Lodge; Marlborough: Dogs must remain on your campsite unless on a lead. No wandering dogs. No dogs inside buildings. Kennels are available. Please clean up after your pet. Other caged pets allowed.
- Otematata Country Inn; Otematata: (Self catering Cabins) This hotel attempts to keep ‘doggie’ guests apart from other guests in separate units when possible. Please phone to confirm availability.