PET FRIENDLY TRAVEL TO PERTH, AUSTRALIA
As it becomes more common for people to travel with their pets, cities throughout the world are enticing pet lovers to visit with an all-out bid to label themselves pet friendly travel destinations on the tourist map. But what does that term really mean? Generally speaking most people take either a dog or a cat with them- and luckily; not an elephant! Perth, capital of the state of Western Australia, also known as The Real Australian state because of her unspoiled rugged wilderness landscape, amazing scenery and big blue skies is the largest of all of the Australian States and offers some of the most diverse scenery in the country. You may see an elephant in the circus or zoo, but there will be plenty of kangaroos, koalas and lots of reptiles!
Pet Friendly Activities in Perth, Australia
There are many fabulous attractions for your pleasure in Western Australia that will leave you gasping as you experience the adventure and thrill of the untamed terrain and countryside that is truly the unspoiled beauty of the West.
- Discover Western Australia's capital city Perth and its surrounds, including the Margaret River region, historic Fremantle, Wave Rock, the Pinnacles and much more. During the months of August, September and October is a wonderful time to experience Western Australia as the landscape magically comes alive with a majestic display of color with pretty wildflowers that are breathtakingly beautiful.
- The Margaret River Region is an area also blessed with natural beauty and is known as one of Australia9s finest wine regions. The Township of Margaret River is alive with cafes and a diverse culture as you and your pet explore the main street shops, featuring works of local craft people.
- More interesting attractions in Perth, Western Australia are historical towns Guildford and Swan Valley regions, Perth's Pearce Air Force Base and the orange growing district of Bindoon. Fascinating New Norcia was first settled in 1846 as a mission to the regions Aborigine population.
- Take a guided tour or hire a car to discover fascinating insight into the creation of the perfect natural formations of Mammoth Cave; one of over 300 natural underground limestone caves in the district.
- For seaside and wildlife adventure enjoy a leisurely cruise along the crystal waters of Shoalwater Bay and visit the Shoalwater Bay Islands Marine Park, filled with wildlife including seals, penguins, pelicans and sea lions. You may even be fortunate to see dolphins as they visit the bay and the rare Australian sea lions lounging on the beach.
- Enjoy an easy paced walk through parts of the fascinating landscape covering some 404 hectares of the Nambung National Park which is home of the mystical Pinnacles Desert and you can even take your trusty companion for a run there!
- View sweeping wheat belt plains typical of arid Australian farming country and on to the fascinating Wave Rock. It is incredible to think that this ancient rock is 2,700 million years old and over time has been sculptured by nature into the form of a huge breaking wave.
Pet friendly cuisine and restaurants in Perth, Australia
So, youd like to meet your best friend and grab a bite. But youҒd also like to bring along your other best friendexcept that one has a tail and four legs. Local health codes mandate that pets be restricted from enclosed restaurants and suggest that they be kept out of open-air areas as well. Although pets are not permitted inside of a dining establishment, many restaurants with outdoor seating will allow people to dine outside with their pets. Many restaurants with outdoor patios allow dogs, but not all. So youŒll want to do a little research first. Call a restaurant you have in mind and you may be in for a pleasant surprise especially in the quiet outback areas and country towns!
Pet friendly accommodations in Perth, Australia
- Hillside Country Retreat, York: Good clean accommodation with both children and pets most welcome and if the weather permits, guests may use the tennis court or swimming pool while long rambling walks are a year-round option.
- Banksia Tourist Park: promises to look after all guests that are traveling with their beloved dogs or cats with premium powered dog sites conveniently located across from the ablution block and dog exercise area. All lap dogs must be on leads at all times and owners must clean up behind them. You can swim in the pool, cook up a storm in the camp kitchen or relax in the recreation room.
Also pet friendly are: but do check out their rules regarding pets!
Elsinore Holiday Units; Scarborough, WA: 1, 2 & 3 br Self Contained Units/Cottages Ocean Breeze Guesthouse; Scarborough Beach:
Scarborough Palms Apartments, Scarborough.