Pet Travel Question: Crossing the Mexico/US Border with a Pet

Name: Cheryl
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Toy Poodle
From: California
To: Baja Sur, Mexico

We are driving from California to Baja, Mexico. Will Mexico allow three years validity for rabies, or do they require an annual rabies shot within a certain time of crossing border? Are there any other meds or test results required? Does the Aphis 7001 have to go to a second USDA vet if my current vet is a USDA Vet?

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your question! Take a look at the pet import requirements for Mexico to find out about the vaccinations and endorsements required. If your current vet is USDA certified, you'll be fine with her/him endorsing the paperwork.

Contact us if you have any questions about these rules, and good luck with the trip!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top