Pet Travel Question: Does My Puppy Need a Titre Test?

Name: Elaine
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Shih Tzu
From: Philippines
To: Italy


Does my puppy (six months old) need to undergo a titre test? What are the requirements we need to comply with to be able to bring our puppy with us? Please let me know.




Hi Elaine,

According to these pet import requirements for Italy, your dog will not need a Rabies titre test to travel to Italy. All of Italy's requirements can be found at that link, but basically they are as follows:

  • A microchip
  • Full vaccinations
  • An EU Vet Health Certificate (also known as the EU 998, which you can download here)
  • An International Health Certificate

These forms will have to be endorsed by your local government veterinary authority, and several of them are time-sensitive, so you will need to be very organized and get an early start to make sure that your dog is ready to go in time. Additionally, some of these vaccinations might require that your dog be a certain age, in which case will have to wait until your puppy is old enough to receive these vaccinations before he can travel.

The process of moving a pet internationally can be overwhelming and confusing, so if you have any more questions feel free to contact us. Additionally, if you think you might like help with moving your dog, please fill out our free quote form to learn more about our door-to-door services.

Thanks for your question and good luck with your move!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top