Pet Travel Question: Dog Import to the US

Name: Selina
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Rat Terrier
From: Belgium
To: Texas, USA

We traveled to Belgium in January 2011 and we are wanting to return to Texas in May 2011. I was wondering what certificates we need and what tests we need to do. Also, do we have to send our certificates to anyone?

Thank you,

Hi Selina,

Thanks for your question! Here are the pet import requirements for the United States. Since you’ve recently traveled it should be easier to get everything in order, but double check that all vaccines, etc… are up-to-date. You will need to obtain an International Health Certificate within 10 days of departure.

Please contact us if you need anything else! We’d be happy to help you arrange your move or answer any further questions you may have. Good luck!


PetRelocation Team





Add a Comment

By selina on March 29, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Do I have to send the paper work to have the USDA approve it?

Add a Comment

Name is required

Email is required and must be in the format

Comment is required

Back to top