Pet Travel Question: Driving to Mexico from the US

Name: Janice
Number of Pets: Two
Pet Type: Dogs
Pet Breed: Pit Bulls
From: United States
To: Mexico

If transporting dogs from the U.S. to Mexico via ground transportation, is it still necessary to have the USDA vet certificate 10 days in advance of the day of transportation?

Hi Janice,

Thanks for your question! When traveling by car from the US to Mexico, you'll need to meet the stated entry requirements and show the proper paperwork to the border officials, and your dogs will probably undergo a physical examination. Here are the pet import requirements for Mexico, just in case you need to review them.

Give us a call if you have any more questions, and good luck!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top