Pet Travel Question: Exporting Cats from Taiwan

Name: P.S.
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Cat
From: Taiwan
To: Nevada, USA

I would like to take my cat home with me. I am departing Taiwan, transiting through S. Korea, then going on to Nevada.

Is a rabies certificate and/or microchip implant required?

Thanks for your help.



Thanks for the question, we'd be happy to assist. These are the pet import requirements for the United States. If you're just transiting through South Korea (not leaving the airport or switching airlines), you won't need to worry about any other country requirements.

As you can see, going to the United States does require that you update your cat's rabies vaccine if necessary and also secure an international health certificate. A microchip is not required, but we do recommend getting one when traveling internationally (and just in general).

Please contact us if you have any more questions, and good luck with everything!



PetRelocation Team





United States
Back to top