Pet Travel Question: Exporting Dogs from Austria

Name: Patrick
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: German Shepherd
From: Vienna, Austria
To: Parsippany, New Jersey

From the info I have reviewed, it looks like my dog will need an international health certificate and a rabies certificate. We are from the USA and have been living in Austria for 2 1/2 years, and the dog was originally from the USA. Is this correct? She does have a dog passport with all her shots up to date.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your question. Here are the pet import requirements for the United States -- you're right, you need to obtain an international health certificate and a rabies vaccine and certificate. The United States is actually one of the easier countries to get into to, but if you have any more questions or need some help with your move, don't hesitate to contact us! Good luck with everything, Patrick!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top