Pet Travel Question: Exporting Pets from Italy

Name: Rachael
Number of Pets: 2
Pet Type: Cats
From: Italy
To: Morocco

We are planning a two-step move for us and our cats. First, we will move from Italy to Morocco. I have read that in moving animals from the US to Morocco, it's necessary to obtain a vet certificate (certified by a US authority and then Moroccan consulate), and a rabies shot. If we are not traveling from the US, do we still need the National Italian certification and then Moroccan consulate (here) certification? I can find no information about this on the Moroccan consulate in Italy's website, though I imagine the requirements to enter Morocco from anywhere would be the same. I was hoping that the staff could help me!

Thank you in advance,

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for contacting us with your question! To start, take a look at our guide to moving pets to Morocco. As for your specific question, you're right. In order to avoid quarantine, you should have the Italian equivalent of the US vet certificate certified by the proper Italian officials and then by the Moroccan consulate.

If you have questions during any point in your move, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Good luck and keep in touch!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top