Pet Travel Question: Importing to Malaysia

Name: Sweeyen Y.
Number of Pets: One
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Shetland Sheepdog
From: US
To: Malaysia

I understand that I will need an import permit and health certificate... but is there an export permit required, as well? Also, does the health certificate need to be USDA endorsed before I apply for the permit in Malaysia? Thanks so much for your answers. -Sweeyen

Hi Sweeyen, thanks for your question! Please take a look at these Pet Import Requirements to Malaysia to find the information you need. In short, you'll see that you should obtain a rabies certificate, vet health certificate, proof of vaccinations and an import permit (and all must be USDA endorsed). Malaysia also mandates a 7-day quarantine for pets entering the US. Our website will tell you more about this as well.

Please contact us if you need further clarity regarding the additional regulations surrounding a pet move to Malaysia, and let us know if you'd like to enlist our assistance in planning and carrying out your move. Our team of Pet Relocation Specialists would be happy to help you sort everything out. Good luck and happy traveling!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top