Pet Travel Question: Moving a Cat from Pakistan

Name: Laila
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Cat
Pet Breed: Persian
From: Pakistan
To: Virginia

I've been told I need a health certificate by an accredited vet in Pakistan and also a rabies vaccination to move my cat from Pakistan to the US. Where and how do I find a vet in Pakistan that meets the US pet imports policy? And are those the only documents I will need? Thanks!

Hi Laila,

Thanks for the question! Start by taking a look at the pet import requirements for the US. As you can see, you will need to have an international health certificate, rabies certificate, and we also recommend a microchip. Here is a veterinarian in Pakistan that may be able to help you:

Dr. Faisal Kahn, Pets and Vets
Tel: +92 51 287 0666
Fax: +92 51 229 9959 or

Please check out our website for more info about moving pets, and contact us if you have any more questions. Good luck!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top