Pet Travel Question: Moving a Dog Within the United States

Name: Brit
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Chihuahua
From: California
To: Oklahoma

What is required to move my dog from state to state?




Hi Brit,

Thanks for contacting us with your question, we're happy to offer some guidance. For domestic pet moves, you'll want to make sure your pet has an up-to-date rabies vaccine. If traveling by air, you'll also need a health certificate from your vet stating that your dog is fit to fly and issued within ten days of departure. Though not required, we recommend a microchip, as well. Here's a rundown of the pet requirements for Oklahoma.

Be sure to double check with the airline you'll be using to find out about any specific policies they have that may affect you, and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions. Good luck with your trip, and be sure to check out our blog and Facebook page for more pet stories and advice.

Thanks again!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top