Pet Travel Question: Moving Birds to Taiwan

Name: Kurtis
Number of Pets: Two
Pet Type: Bird
Pet Breed: Amazon Parrots
From: U.S.
To: Taiwan

Do I need a special permit to take my pet parrots overseas with me? The boys are from California and I plan to take them with me to Asia where I'm stationed.

Hi Kurtis,

When traveling with birds it's necessary to check the CITES species database and contact the various airlines to see about your options. You can also check out our blog and catch up with our discussions about bird travel.

Good luck, and please contact us if you need anything else!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top