Pet Travel Question: Moving Dogs to Australia, Finding the Right Vet

Name: Doug
Number of Pets: 2
Pet Type: Dog
Breed: Australian Cattle Dog
From: Reno, NV
To: Sydney, Australia

Where do we go to get microchips for our dogs (near Reno, Nevada) and where do we go to get all necessary blood tests? We see reference to "government approved vet" but don't find a listing on the web. Aren't most vets "government approved"?


Hi Doug,

Your regular vet (who will be fine as long as she/he is accredited) should be able to implant the microchips and take care of the basics, however for a move to Australia your pets will need to undergo a Rabies Titre test (and you'll need to have the samples shipped to the lab at Kansas State University). Take a look at the complete pet import requirements for Australia and please contact us if you're interested in enlisting our services or if you have any more questions. Good luck and thanks for the question!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top