Pet Travel Question: Moving to Ecuador

Name: Rick
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Mixed Staff Terrier
From: CT, USA
To: Ecuador

Do the Aphis 7001 and all papers need to be stamped by an Ecuadorian Consulate prior to leaving? Do they need to be duplicated in Spanish? Do you know of a customs broker that we could hire? Thank you -Rick

Hi Rick,

Thank you for submitting a pet travel question to us! First, here are the pet import requirements for Ecuador. The veterinary certificate will need to be translated into Spanish, your vet will need to be USDA-accredited, and the relevent documents will need to be stamped with approval by the USDA. Visit our site for more information and take a look at another helpful link regarding these guidelines.

Please contact us if you have any more questions or if you'd like some help planning your move. Good luck!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top