Pet Travel Question: Shipping Pets to Sweden

Name: C.P.
Number of Pets: 2
Pet Type: Cat
From: Maine, USA
To: Sweden


I am confused with some paperwork requirements. To move to Sweden I have to have the EU Commercial document. In that document it states that I have to have an examination done 24 hours before dispatch. I also have to get the documents USDA endorsed. So my question is: Does the paperwork need to be filled, signed, and endorsed 24 hours before we leave? Or is the paperwork valid for a certain amount of days?




Here's a run-down of the pet import requirements for Sweden -- hopefully this helps explain the process a bit more. It actually is necessary for all of the endorsements, etc... to take place in the 24 hours before flight, so you'll need to depart from a major airport with a vet on site.

Please contact if you have more questions... Our specialists would be happy to help and you can also obtain a free quote from our website if you're interested in our services.

Thanks for the question and good luck with your travels!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top