Pet Travel Question: Traveling with a Dog to Europe

Name: Margaret
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Teacup Maltese
From: USA
To: Germany

I'm going on vacation for two weeks. I live in New York and will be traveling to Berlin,  Germany and visiting Poland also. What documents do I need? What kind of passport?

Thank you,


Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the question -- hopefully we can help! To get started, take a look at the pet import requirements for Germany.  You'll need to make sure your vaccines are up-to-date as well as your microchip information, and an EU passport is needed as well.

Take a look at the full list of requirements (which are the same as the Poland requirements) and then please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great trip, Margaret!


PetRelocation Team




United States
Back to top