Pet Travel Question: USDA Endorsements for Pet Travel to Romania

Name: Susanne
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Chihuahua
From: US - East Coast
To: Romania

Thanks for providing valuable information about relocating with a dog to Romania. I have a question though regarding the USDA certification: How many days before departure do I need to get the paperwork USDA certified? I've read that it shouldn't be older than 10 days prior to departure, while some people told me it cannot be older than 48 hours before departure.

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for your follow-up question! When traveling with your pet to Romania you'll want to have your paperwork completed by a vet and endorsed by the USDA within 10 days of departure.

Don't hesitate to contact one of our Pet Relocation Specialists if you have any more questions. Once again, good luck with the move!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top