Pet Travel to Lisbon, Portugal
PET FRIENDLY TRAVEL TO LISBON, PORTUGAL To travel with your pet these days is becoming quite the normal thing to do. As the market for traveling with pets increases, more accommodation venues are finding it worth their while to cater for the furry friend market including the fabulous location of Lisbon, Portugal!
People in this country are very relaxed and thats one reason that it is a favorite holiday destination for many people; but only one! Truth is Lisbon, Portugal combines a lively cosmopolitan city with fantastic beach resorts, rich cultural heritage and historical charm all in one place. Lisbon enjoys mild winters and warm summers making her a great holiday location for all members of the family, including the familys pet dog or cat!
Pet Friendly Activities in Lisbon, Portugal:
Lisbon is ideal for active holidaymakers; ideal for those travelers who want a city-based holiday... busy and bustling and not so focused on relaxation. Although there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy the sun, swim and relax on one of the many lovely beaches in the region. It really is just up to you!
- The Portuguese capital is located on the north banks of the River Tagus and features many renovated palaces, impressive churches and museums making it an interesting place to visit. She offers tourists some thing old and some thing new- a cultural contrast indeed! So, take your best friend by the paw- and go explore this energetic city by foot as you wonder through the narrow, cobbled streets. There are many Art Nouveau cafes to replenish you both
- Lisbon also boasts lots of enjoyable resorts within close reach; in fact it is the only European capital so closely situated to the golden sands. So how about a frolic in the cool waters of the sea and then an ice-cream at one of the alfresco cafes that adorn the streets? Yes please ҅your trusty friend pants!
- A short rail journey will take you to Cascais, which has more beaches; Guincho is a real paradise for surfers as the water is crystal clear. Terrace restaurants are every where- another ice-cream? Perhaps!
- There are several museums to check out, such as the museum of ancient and modern art, the National Museum of Contemporary Art and the National Coach Museum; just to name a few!
- The oldest part of Lisbon is the Alfama quarter filled with lively street markets with tempting treats and goodies to relish!
- Play soccer with the locals at Carcavelos which is the most popular beach and Tamariz in Estoril is also worth visiting. Costa da Caparica lies to the south which is known as one of the best beaches in Europe.
Pet friendly cuisine and restaurants in Lisbon, Portugal:
The Fado Houses serve traditional Portuguese dishes, while Parque das Nacoes includes many international restaurants and bars. Do visit and enjoy!
Portugal is well notorious for its colorful folk festivals and her fabulous cuisine. Enjoy her vitality as life is laid back and filled with lot of fun here. When dusk falls the streets are alive with restaurants, discos and bars, of which many play traditional Portuguese Fado music- so head out for a meal and you can both tap in time to the beat of the drum! All along the river there are lots of late night restaurants to satisfy the night time munchies; more tasty food!
Pet friendly accommodations:
- Porto Marina: Ideally located near the Vilamoura Marina, with its extensive selection of cafes, bars, restaurants and night life. Fully self-contained these cosy 1 bedroom apartments enjoy lovely views over the gardens and swimming pool. Pets are most welcome, but not the in the swimming pool or public areas and they ask that you bring your pet a blanket so that he can enjoy the comfy furniture! Just 200 meters from the accommodation you can take your pet for a walk- perfect!
- Casa Wladival: is situated in Dornes; a town along the river Zez*re where you travel back to a time of myths, legends and mystery. You and your well behaved pets are welcome and you may walk together in the nearby woods or along the river as well as in town. Dogs do need to be on a leash while on the premises of the hotel.
- Quinta do Passadouro; Porto: The estate is situated in the centre of the port area which invites you to walk, cycle, have a swim or fish in the river along with your furry companion. Well educated pets are welcome in the rooms and so long as other guests do not object, your pet is welcome in the restaurant and other common rooms as well. Hows that for pet friendly?
Did you know that a superb network of new motorways allow for trouble free motoring through much of southern Portugal? This means that apart from major holiday periods there is not a problem with traffic congestion. How cool is that!
Happy Pet Moving to Portugal!