Pet Travel to Mexico - Where to Find the Vet Health Certificate

Name: Gloria C.
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: dog
Pet Breed: Springer Spaniel
From: Wisconsin
To: Mexico

Where do I obtain Form 7001, necessary to enter Mexico, and how do I obtain an endorsement? How about the type of air carrier that would allow pets in the cargo area? It seems that planes are smaller these days. -Gloria

Hi Gloria,

Thanks for contacting us with your question. If you review the Pet Import Requirements for Mexico, you'll see that the Vet Health Certificate should be obtained from your USDA-accredited veterinarian within 10 days of departure.

As far as flying your dog via cargo (which is the safest way to go), it's best to check with the airline or airlines you're considering to find out more about your options. Many of our PetRelocation clients have flown safely to Mexico.

Please contact us if you'd like more information about our services or about pet travel in general. Good luck, Gloria!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top