PET FRIENDLY TRAVEL TO THE PROVENCE
The Provence, for those that are unaware, is a region of southeastern France on the Mediterranean Sea - just adjacent to Italy! It is named Provence, because it was one of the first provinces outside of Rome, Italy!
Planning an international trip with pets is like planning to travel with small children but with some preparation and a few vet visits along with the necessary documentation; your furry friends will be right there beside you! Provence or the C4te d’Azuras is for many people the ultimate Mediterranean playground. The famous centers of Cannes, Nice, St. Tropez and the tiny principality of Monaco are still magnets for the rich and well-known beautiful people of the world. Its all here҅ escapade to keep you busy…there is definitely something here for everyone!
Pet friendly days out and attractions in Provence
Families and pets will adore the unique landscape that this region offers; from the salt marshes of the Carmargue and the blue Mediterranean ocean to charming villages, and the historic city of Marseilles. Lets go see the sites!
- Avignon has a must see awesome 14th century Papal Palace where you can explore the castle ruins. Then take a leisurely stroll through colourful market at Sҩguret? I am sure that your furry friend will enjoy a tasty fresh treat!
- Wine tasting in Chteauneauf-du-Pape will get the taste buds working! Sweet or dry? There is bound to be a drop that you just love.
- Zoo de la Barben: With over 600 animals from over 120 different species nestled on 33 hectares of evergreen oak forests there is plenty to see. Perhaps leave your dog at the hotel fro this one!
- Aerial adventure playground: Swing through the trees like Tarzan in total security The Passerelles des Cimes in Lagnes, Vaucluse, is an adventure playground high above the ground, amongst the trees. Swing through the trees, cross bridges, zip through obstacle courses!⠠ Look- no hands! The dogs will chase and bark at you excitedly as they want to play too!
- Le Train Vapeur des Cvennes: Steam train traveling through exquisite scenery or hire a car and go up there yourself with your dog happily seated beside you! Then share a picnic together!
Pet friendly accommodation and places to stay in Provence
Provence has some excellent choices when it comes to accommodation including hotels, apartments and great villas. For the ultimate experience though, you cannot go past a luxury chateau in the hills! Go on; be king or queen for a while!
Try camping in the village of Bonnieux which has a great camping ground with a friendly playground nearby where dogs and kids can mingle and play together. Funnily enough- dogs are like kids, in that they talk to anyone regardless of what language they speak!
Pet friendly restaurants in Provence and cuisine
There are so many outdoor restaurants that serve meals such as pizza as well as the Provencal regional specialities- pistou and aioli are very well known. Try delicious crepes and wonderful ice ice-cream. Yes- you can order an extra one for you know who! Sip some great Provencal wine. Cheers!
Restaurant La Salicorne is a great fondue restaurant near the covered marketplace at Les Halles that boasts tasty little morsels for you and your pet! Yum!
When to go to Provence
Best times to enjoy Provence are from mid-April through October and there is a lot more going on in the summer months as the villages and towns host a variety of carnivals, small circuses and fairs.