Pet Travel to Switzerland!

Moving to Switzerland with your pets?!

As you may already know, Switzerland is a landlocked alpine country located in Central Europe. Switzerland shares its borders with France, Germany, Austria, Italy and Liechtenstein. Its independence can be dated back to 1291 and currently there are over 7 million people spread over 26 cantons or "counties/states".

What we hear from our customers, is that your pets and you will love the climate in Swizterland. The climate in Switzerland is generally temperate, although it can vary between different extremes like the glacial conditions in the mountain region to a pleasant Mediterranean climate on the southern tip. The summers can be warm and humid with periodic rain while the winters can be cloudy and foggy. Switzerland has a weather phenomenon called the Fhn, which can occur anytime of the year.

Most of Switzerland can be divided into three topographical areas, which is the Swiss Alps, the Swiss plateau and the Jura mountains. Some of the highest peaks in the Swiss Alps include Dufourspitze at 4,634 metres (15,203 ft) and Matterhorn (4478 m). This mountainous valley is filled with picturesque glaciers and countless waterfalls. The northern part of Switzerland is a hospitable hilly terrain with lakes, partly forested area.

Are you ready to go now? If so, please make sure you follow the import requirements and regulations for shipping or moving with your pets to Switzerland!

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.


1) Microchip: Each Pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785- otherwise the pet will need to be sent with its own scanner attached to the top of the crate.

2) All animals need to have Full Vaccinations:

Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Leptospirosis, (DHLPP) and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival.

Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia (FVRCP), and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival.

3) EU Vet Health Certificate (Form EC#: 998) 撖 (Form provided to you by This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your accredited Veterinarian. This certificate is valid for 4 months prior to departure date so do not get this issued too early.

4) USDA Endorsement: The below referenced forms:

* Microchip Implantation Record
* Rabies Certificate
* Vet Letter
* EU Vet Health Certificate

Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval.

4. International Health Certificate: Your vet should have these in stock. It֒s a good idea to call ahead and ask. This is an international health certificate that needs to be completed by your vet within 10 days of departure. Depending on the logistics of your particular pet relocation and the specific health certificate being used (APHIS Form 7001) an additional USDA Endorsement maybe required on this health certificate.

5. All original documentation listed above must travel with the pets.

6. In order for us to successfully clear customs we will need the following documents supplied prior to the animals arrival:

ҷ Copy of Pet Owners Passport

ҷ Note from Pet Owners Employer for the Relocation

ҷ Owners Flight Itinerary (If traveling separately)


PetRelocation Team




Back to top