Planning Pet Travel From Spain to the United States

Hi PetRelocation,

Could you please tell me what paperwork we will need to bring our dogs back into the USA? We will be landing in New York and then driving to Florida. They currently have Euro pet passports that have the rabies sticker and are signed by the vet.

Thank you,



Hi Karen,

Thanks for the question! To start, take a look at the pet import requirements for the United States and check that your rabies vaccinations are properly updated.

Luckily shipping pets to the United States is a straightforward process compared to many other countries, and the primary requirement is an International Health Certificate. You'll also need airline-approved travel crates for your pets and we do recommend using a pet friendly airline (United, KLM and Lufthansa are all good choices). Here are a few more tips for planning safe pet travel

If you think you'd like some assistance with your move, feel free to contact us for a consultation. We would be happy to help!


Pet Travel Question Details:

Name: Karen
Number of Pets: 3
Pet Type: 2 dogs 1 cat
Pet Breed: Dachshund, German Shepherd Mix and Ginger Cat
From: Spain
To: Florida, USA


Contact PetRelocation to learn about your international pet shipping options. 


PetRelocation Team




United States


Add a Comment

By Leslie on August 4, 2017 at 1:50 am

Hello I need help!!!I would like to know if to take my dog ​​from the USA to Spain I need proof of rabies antigens. He has his rabies vaccine a day. thanks

By on August 4, 2017 at 9:03 am

Hi Leslie, thanks for reaching out! For reference here are the pet import requirements for Spain. As you'll see, a titer test isn't needed but your dog must have an up-to-date rabies vaccine.

It sounds like you're well on your way, but if you decide you need some assistance, you can contact us here for a consultation.

Thanks again and good luck with your travels!


Add a Comment

Name is required

Email is required and must be in the format

Comment is required

Back to top