Question on Moving from Ottawa, Canada to Chile - Today, we received this question on our chat (located to the left in the sidebar) regarding moving with pets to Chile:

I have a question. Might you know if we need our documents 'legalized' in any fashion to bring the dogs into Chile? I just found out today that the vaccine certificate and good health certificate need to be authenticated or legalized by Foreign Affairs? Could you possible give me any more information on this?
-From Ottawa, Canada

The answer to this is that coming from Ottawa, Canada you will just need a health certificate dated within 10 days of the flight date, issued by your local veterinarian. This document will then need to be endorsed by the CFIA Animal Health office. To locate your local CFIA Animal Health office, please check here.

Your pet will also need to be up to date on all of his vaccinations with special importance paid to the rabies vaccination as it needs to be done within 30 days of the health certificate.

Thanks for stopping by; chat with us anytime and send us a pic from Chile!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top