Relocation from Shanghai to Manila with a Cat

Name: Emjheigh

Subject: Pet Traveling with a cat from Shanghai to Manila

Question: I'm in shanghai and going to Manila, Philippines. I really want my cat to come travel with me home. No one will take care of her here. Can you tell me the requirements, and how? Thanks in advance.

Answer: Hello Emjheigh!

First, in order to be able to leave Shanghai with your cat, you need to obtain an export permit from the Chinese government and a health certificate issued from your government approved vet. Next, the requirements for entry into the Philippines are:

1) Microchip- The microchip used should comply with ISO standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785.

2) Rabies Vaccination & Certificate- Your cat must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation, and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain.

3) Vet Health Certificate- Must state that your cat has no clinical signs of Aujossky's disease, Distemper, Rabies, Leishmaoiasis, Leptospirosis, and Tuberculosis.

4) These forms must be endorsed by the Chinese government.

Hope this information helps, and if you have any more questions or need some clarification, our Asia Specialist, Jillian Butler, would be happy to help you! Her email address is Jillian[at]petrelocation[dot]com. Have a safe trip!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top