Shipping & Importing Pets to Hong Kong!

Pet moving to Hong Kong?! Great News! So are thousands of other Expatriates just like you! With so many of us moving and pet travel relocating to Hong Kong, it is no surprise to many that the pets will join them on the big family move.

Hong Kong is home to people from countries all around the world. This magical and fast moving territory may appear quite daunting to you and your family on arrival, but when it comes to everyones' pets - they seem the most adjusted of all. The pet world in Hong Kong, especially amongst the expatriates, is ripe with fun and adventure that awaits you and your family pets!

Our previous customers have sent us a few helpful hints when finding local pet resources in Hong Kong:

Creature Comforts
GPO Box 481 Hong Kong,
Website Veterinary services and home delivery of pet food and medicines.

DB Dog Dayz
Telephone: 92841491
Website Dog boarding in a home environment in beautiful Discovery Bay!

Website Mobile groomer for dogs. will travel to your home to groom your pet.

Doggie Daycare & Pet Sitting
Telephone: 92841491

Pak Tam Chung, Sai Kung,
Boarding of pets,import & export services and pet food deliveries.

Website Offers pet care and related information for pet owners in Hong Kong.

Now you must work on getting your pets ready for their import and the shipping process ahead! The best option, is to work with a professional pet mover like ourselves - or with an airline that has experience with pets. The number one question we receive, is "What is needed to transport and import my pet to Hong Kong?" - Below are the requirements needed to import your dog or cat into Hong Kong:

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.



1) Microchip: Each Pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785- otherwise the pet will need to be sent with its own scanner attached to the top of the crate.

2) Rabies Vaccination & Certificate: All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain Җ some are good for two years, others are only good for one. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine. 3) Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001) This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited Veterinarian. Must be issued within 10 days of the flight. 4) Hong Kong Health Certificate (Form VC9R) ֖ This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited Veterinarian, along with the Form 7001. 5) Import Permit An import permit is required in order to enter the country. Please contact your local representative on the best way of handling this. 6) USDA Endorsement: The above referenced forms:
  • Microchip Implantation Record
  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vet Health Certificate
7) Current Vaccination Records For Dogs & Cats Respectively:

__Canine Distemper. Parvovirus, Hepatitis and Leptospirosis

__Feline Cat Flu-Feline Calicivirus

__Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis

__Chlamydia Psittaci

__Cat Enteritis-Feline Panleukopaenia/Feline Parvo Virus

Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your local representative on the best way of handling this. There is no quarantine when entering Hong Kong from the United States if the above requirements have been met.

- For all other pets, please contact the proper authorities, as it requires much more paperwork!

Happy Pet Travels!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top