It's that time again… As summer approaches many people start to plan their relocations, and it's important to be aware of temperature-based airline embargoes that may affect travel arrangements for pets.
Read on for an initial list of embargoes from major airlines. We'll be sure to keep you updated as changes are made and more restrictions are announced, so keep in touch if you have a pet move on the horizon.
- ALWAYS: No English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs or their mixes unless under 6 months or under 20 lbs
- May 15th – September 15th: No Pugs, Boston Terriers, French/American Bulldogs unless under 6 months old
- September 16th – May 14th: Snub-nosed breeds are accepted if forecast temperature is 85 degrees or lower during departure/arrival times
ALWAYS: No English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, Boston Terriers, or Pugs
- March 22nd – October 22nd: No pets in or out of PHX
- June 1st – September 15th: No pets in or out of DFW, IAH, DEN or AUS
- April 21st – October 21st: No pets in or out of LAS
- ALWAYS: No Bulldogs, Pugs, or Pekinese, other snubs are acceptable if kennel is one size larger
- ALWAYS: No pets in or out of DTW if the temperature exceeds 80 degrees. Also, no Boston Terriers, Boxers, Brussels Griffin, Bulldogs (all breeds except American), Chow Chows, English Toy Spaniels, Japanese Chin, Pekinese, Pug (all breeds), or Shih Tzus unless under 80 degrees
- SUMMER: No pet imports into IAH (exports okay)
ALWAYS: 85 degrees maximum for all warm-blooded animals, except snub-nosed breeds. 75 degrees maximum for all snub-nosed breeds (Pit Bull, Staffordshire, Boston Terrier, Boxer, Brussels Griffin, Bulldog (all breeds), Chow Chow, English Toy Spaniel, Lhasa Apso, Japanese Boxer, Japanese Spaniel (Japanese Chin), Mastiff (all breeds), Pekinese, Pug (all breeds), Shar Pei, Shih-Tzu, Tibetan Spaniel, Burmese (cat), Exotic (cat), Himalayan (cat), and Persian (cat)
ALWAYS: Consult the airlines to find out about the most current restrictions