Transporting Pets to Poland!

In our last blog we talked about all the wonderful places to visit when traveling with your pets to Poland and many of you contacted us to help in breaking down the import rules when shipping, pet transporting or just pet moving to Poland. Here is our breakdown of what is required and we hope you find it useful!

Attention: This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.


1) Microchip: Each Pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785- otherwise the pet will need to be sent with its own scanner attached to the top of the crate. 2) All animals need to have Full Vaccinations: Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Leptospirosis, (DHLPP) and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival. Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia (FVRCP), and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival. 3) EU Vet Health Certificate (Form EC#: 998) Җ This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your accredited Veterinarian. This certificate is valid for 4 months prior to departure date so do not get this issued too early. 4) USDA Endorsement: The below referenced forms:


  • Microchip Implantation Record
  • Rabies Certificate
  • Vet Letter
  • EU Vet Health Certificate

Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your representative on the best way of handling this.

4. International Health Certificate: Your vet should have these in stock. Its a good idea to call ahead and ask. This is an international health certificate that needs to be completed by your vet within 10 days of departure. Depending on the logistics of your particular pet relocation and the specific health certificate being used (APHIS Form 7001) an additional USDA Endorsement maybe required on this health certificate.

5. All original documentation listed above must travel with the pets.

6. In order for us to successfully clear customs you will need the following documents supplied prior to the animalҒs arrival: Copy of Pet Ownerגs Passport Note from Pet Ownerגs Employer for the Relocation

We hope this helps you all on learning more of what is required to import your pets to Poland.


PetRelocation Team




Back to top