Travel Questions about Frequently Flying Pets

Name: Terri
Number of Pets: 3
Pet Type: Dogs
Pet Breed: Beagles
From: Germany
To: United States

Dear PetRelocation,

Last year, we moved to Germany from the US and had all the required paperwork.

1. What do I need in terms of paperwork to return TO the United States?
2. Can I get a "passport" so the dogs can travel between Europe and the US multiple times during the year?

Thank you,



Hi Terri,

As a seasoned traveler, you're in pretty good shape. What you'll primarily need to focus on at this point are the pet import requirements for the United States, which fortunately aren't overly strict, and if you go back to Germany, the pet import requirements for Germany.

Traveling between the US and Germany isn't quite the same as traveling within the EU, so you will need to obtain a health certificate each time you travel (your vet issues this within 10 days of departure). Please look at these links and then let us know if you have further questions or would like assistance.

Good luck with your travels!


PetRelocation Team




United States, Germany
Back to top