If you really want to go for a holiday with your dog to a sunny and bright place full of beaches and urban delights, then Spain is for you! Spain is Europe’s sunshine capital, where, as they say, the sun almost always shines. Dotted with beaches and lively metropolis, Spain is a country throbbing with life. If you want some fresh air, Spain is filled with opportunities to visit wildlife parks as well as great hiking.
The Spanish tango tomato is world renowned and people tomatoes are a specialty of this country. A lot of tomato based products like sauces and puree are very good ways to make a living in this country. The climate of this country encourages growing of fruits and vegetables. So the cuisine has wide variety of spices, vegetables, and fruits in it making it a rich experience for the tourists.
Spanish people are known to be friendly and hospitable, and you are bound to enjoy your stay in Spain. Festivals and bull-fighting are surely going to keep you busy!
Very easy to travel with lots of accommodation options and a relaxed population this country attracts huge crowds around the year
Dogs have a good life in Spain and your pets are the source of conversation while you are on the street with your pet. Lots of people want to know more about your pet and many strangers are happy to rub behind the ears of any good-natured dog.
The Spanish have an unmatched love for pets and it shows in the way they take care of their pets. So your pet will certainly enjoy the attention he will get in this country. We are also told that Spain has a lot of 24 hour clinics and its very easy to find a vet to take care of your pets.
Just make sure to take extra care when walking with your dog, as some have died after eating poisoned food in rural areas. Poisoned bait is laid in some areas by hunters and poachers to control natural predators such as foxes, wolves and lynx and cats.
Just remember these important things and you are on your way to a smooth and enjoyable experience in Spain with your faithful companion! The country has a lot of beaches which offer you stay and food and these can be the best option for you.
SPAIN IMPORT RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Please note, these are to be used as a guideline and you should always check to make sure these import rules are updated before your pet departs.
1) Microchip: Each Pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785- otherwise the pet will need to be sent with itҒs own scanner attached to the top of the crate.
2) All animals need to have Full Vaccinations:
Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Leptospirosis, (DHLPP) and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival.
Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia (FVRCP), and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival.
3) EU Vet Health Certificate (Form EC#: 998) (Form provided to you by PetRelocation.com) ֖ This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your accredited Veterinarian. This certificate is valid for 4 months prior to departure date so do not get this issued too early.
4) USDA Endorsement: The below referenced forms:
Microchip Implantation Record
Օ Rabies Certificate
Օ EU Vet Health Certificate
Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your PetRelocation.com representative on the best way of handling this.
4. International Health Certificate: Your vet should have these in stock. Its a good idea to call ahead and ask. This is an international health certificate that needs to be completed by your vet within 10 days of departure. Depending on the logistics of your particular pet relocation and the specific health certificate being used (APHIS Form 7001) an additional USDA Endorsement maybe required on this health certificate. Speak to your PetRelocation.com specialist regarding the USDA portion of this process.
5. All original documentation listed above must travel with the pets.
6. In order for us to successfully clear customs we will need the following documents supplied prior to the animalҒs arrival:
Copy of Pet OwnerՒs Passport
Note from Pet OwnerՒs Employer for the Relocation
City Registration or Anmeldung
Good luck and let us know if we can help!