Traveling with Pets Internationally: Vacationing vs. Relocating

Name: Inna
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Yorkie Terrier
From: Traveling from the USA to the Ukraine for two weeks, then coming back

Dear PetRelocation,

I've read all the requirements stated on your site in regards to visiting the Ukraine for two weeks with my dog. Since my trip is only a visit, do I still need to send all the required documents to my local USDA office for stamp & approval?




Hi Inna,

Great question. The answer is yes, even if you're just staying for two weeks, you'll need to meet all the pet import requirements for the Ukraine. In addition to that, you'll need to comply with US pet import requirements upon your return. These are not as strict, but you'll still need to prove that your dog is healthy and fit to fly by means of a vet health certificate.

International pet travel, even just for a vacation rather than a permanent relocation, definitely requires careful planning and attention to detail. If you'd like our further assistance, please contact us.

Thanks for reaching out, and good luck with everything!



PetRelocation Team




United States
Back to top