PET FRIENDLY TRAVEL TO HONDURAS
Moving with Pets to Honduras:
Whether you visit her tropical shores via a luxury cruiser or fly in; you and your entropy of pets will certainly know youve landed in paradise! Get set to enjoy the wonders of Honduras! This magical tropical haven has over 275 species of exotic birds that inhabit the area and cascading waterfalls where you can swim in the crystal mountain waters, is home to wild river otters and other exciting wild life. This is indeed a travelers delight.
Pet friendly days out and attractions: Ҡ
When it comes to a country with as much natural and cultural diversity as Honduras, it can be hard to decide what to see first but heres a few options to get you off to a great start.
- Many dogs enjoy a day at the beach so why not head down for a relaxing day of in the sparkling Caribbean Sea. Do check regarding the times and any other rules they may have regarding dogs on the beach. And then take a leisurely stroll for a nice cool tropical drink or coffee in one of the delightful beach side cafes? Just perfect!
- For boat enthusiasts; an intimate sailing adventure on board a yacht or a quicker trip via a high speed cruiser is a must do as just a few miles off the coast from La CeibaҠ is Cayos Cochinos which is a haven for diving, snorkeling, hiking and bird watching.
- La Ceiba - Roatan Island, The Bay Islands: The Bay Islands off the Caribbean coast are one of Honduras’ primary tourism areas. They’re popular with divers, snorkelers and anglers because of the extensive barrier reef that lies near the islands.
- Copan Ruins: Discover archaeological treasures of the famous Copan Ruins which consists of pyramids, temples and 21 stone pillars, or stelae, with exquisite carved likenesses of ancient Copan kings. After touring the ruins relax with a visit to the bird park and nearby village of Copan Ruins.
- Anyone fancy a coffee? Visit Finca Santa Isabel, a coffee plantation for a tour on the process of growing, harvesting and finally processing the coffee beans. Smell the aroma!
- Pico Bonito National Park: Enjoy a hike, wildlife spotting and swimming as well as impressive waterfalls. This spot is home to some rare and endangered species, and is also a bird-watcher’s paradise.
Cuisine and eating out in Honduras:
The many flavors of Honduras offer the visitor a variety of eating options. The typical breakfast in Honduras is a plate of scrambled eggs, tortillas, cheese and ham or you can get cornflakes if you prefer! The national dish of Honduras is Plato Tipico, a plate of food with many accompaniments including beef, fried plantain, beans, marinated cabbage, sour cream, and lots of tortillas on the side.
Of course, tourists and locals alike cannot resist the freshly caught seafood on the North Coast and on the Bay Islands. Lobster, shrimp and conch are always found on the menu.
Baleada, a white flour tortilla filled with beans, cheese, and cream is one of the common foods found every where in Honduras. People can also buy cheap snacks in the markets, such as fruit and grilled corn. The different regions of Honduras have a variety of particular specialties. A more imaginative dish is the delicious Pinchos, a shish kebab, which is skewered and then grilled with plenty of vegetables. This meal is served with an anafre, this is a heated clay pot filled with; you guessed more beans, cheese and cream as well as toasted tortillas!
When visiting the Copan Ruins enjoy lunch at the restaurant Carnitas Nia Lola for tasty food with a great view!
Pet Friendly Accommodations:
Rather than having Fido play a game of the moving beach towel with four legs when looking for accommodation why not check for pet friendly options online before your trip as many places are more than happy to take live in pets; so long as their owners are well behaved! Check these two out for a start.
Villas Telamar: A first-class beach front property the Villas Telamar is situated on 10 acres of land. It offers a relaxed atmosphere with full sport facilities and invites both you and your pets to enjoy great diving and snorkeling on the doorstep or you can laze away in the sun under swaying palms or perhaps unwind with a good book.
Woodview/Honduras Apartments: Great accommodation offering one and two bedroom self-contained garden apartments and townhouses located just minutes from the University area and uptown as well as conveniently located on a bus line. Best of all, they love pets!
Finally; enjoy Honduras with clear her turquoise waters, pristine beaches, lush jungles, breathtaking mountains, challenging rivers, and fascinating ancient ruins. Fido and you both deserve it!