US Domestic Cat Travel Questions and Advice

catTransporting a Cat Across Country

Dear PetRelocation,

My cat is traveling with me in the cabin. Do I need a health certificate for this trip?




Hi Cari,

Thank you for the question! Yes, you will need a health certificate to show the airline that your cat is healthy and fit to fly and it should be issued by your vet within 10 days of your trip. In general, it's always a good idea to check the website of the airline you're traveling with (or give them a call) to find out what they require for traveling pets.

It's also a good idea to have proof of updated rabies and any other basic health paperwork with you whenever you travel with a pet. Often you won't need to show it, but it's worth it to have just in case.

Please take a look at these frequently asked pet travel questions for more information, and just in case it's helpful, here are some ideas for how to crate train your cat. We know that not all felines are excited about traveling, so it never hurts to read over some basic advice about how to handle it smoothly.

Feel free to contact us or peruse our blog if you have more questions. Thanks for reaching out to us, and good luck with everything!


Pet Transport Question Details:

Name: Cari
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Cat
Pet Breed: Domestic
From: New Hampshire, USA
To: Florida, USA


Looking for assistance with your cat's relocation? Contact PetRelocation to learn about your safe pet shipping options.


PetRelocation Team





United States
Back to top