USDA Endorsements for Pet Travel to Italy

Name: Michelle
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Japanese Chin
From: USA
To: Italy

My vet filled out the EU 998 form and I sent it and my dog's rabies certificate to the USDA to be endorsed. They stamped the 998 form. Is that all I need to do? Does the rabies certificate need to be stamped?

Hi Michelle,

It sounds like you have a great start! The EU 998, the microchip implantation record, the vet letter and the rabies certificate will all need to be USDA-endorsed. Double check the Pet Import Requirements for Italy to make sure you have everything covered, and please contact us if you'd like to speak to a Pet Relocation Specialist about anything else.

Thanks for the question, and good luck!


PetRelocation Team




Back to top