USDA Requirements for Pet Travel to Chile

Name: Lou
Number of Pets: 1
Pet Type: Dog
Pet Breed: Rottweiler/Lab mix
From: Virginia
To: Chile, South America


Hi PetRelocation,

I'm moving to Chile, South America. Is the USDA certification needed in addition to the APHIS 7001? What exactly do I need to do to move my dog to Chile?




Hi Lou,

Thanks for your question! We'd like to start by pointing you to two resources: the pet import requirements for Chile and these frequently asked pet travel questions and answers. It takes at least a few weeks to gather the necessary paperwork and receive the correct vaccinations to prepare your dog for travel.

As for your question, your vet must be accredited by the USDA and the following documents need to be sent to the USDA for approval: Rabies Certificate, Vaccine Certificate, proof of parasite treatment, and the International Health Certificate (Form 7001). This is a time sensitive step, as all of this (final vet visit and USDA stamp obtained) should be done within 10 days of departure.

If you need official clarification on anything, we recommend checking out the USDA website for guidance, as well.

Please feel free to contact us if you'd like to find out more about our door-to-door services. Hopefully this information helps you to start planning, good luck!


PetRelocation Team




United States
Back to top