What Does a Domestic Dog Relocation Entail?
Number of Pets: 2
Pet Type: Dogs
Pet Breed: Lab and Dachshund
From: Boerne, TX
To: Charlottesville, VA
How will the dogs be moved? What is the time frame and what is the estimated cost?
Thanks for your inquiry! We'd be happy to go over a few pet relocation basics. To summarize, the best way to move two dogs from Texas to Virginia would be via cargo on a pet-friendly airline.
Here are a few specific things to consider when preparing for such a pet move:
- If you're flying, your dogs will need vet health certificates and airline-approved travel crates.
- We also advise having up-to-date rabies tags and microchips linked to current information.
- If your dogs aren't used to the travel crates, help them to get acclimated to them in the weeks before the move.
- Talk to your vet about any health concerns you may have related to traveling.
- Book the flight with a pet-friendly airline (we often use United for domestic flights).
- If you're interested in door-to-door transportation, please review this summary of the services PetRelocation provides and request a consultation to speak to a Specialist.
All told, the process can take up to a few weeks, so we advise starting to research and plan well before you'd like to move. The costs will depend on a few factors (including the size of your dogs), but we'd be happy to offer you an estimate if you contact us.
Hope this helps to get you started, Heather. Please let us know if we can be of further service!