Customer is aware that when pets ages 10 and older (or 7 and older if they are a larger dog) are transported and/or lodged they may experience a great deal of stress. This stress may cause latent (dormant) physical conditions such as heart, liver, and kidney disorders to become active. This may result in illness and/or death of the pet described below.
Elderly Pet Health Recommendations
At PetRelocation LLC we strongly suggest following these recommended guidelines prior to transporting a pet:
1. Have the vet perform an extensive/geriatric health exam on all vital organs (heart, liver, and kidneys). This may require a full blood profile, which can take up to 14 days for results. There should be no record of liver or kidney damage.
2. Hydration levels need to be up to par and remain normal without the use of medication. This is due to the fact that many animals will not drink the water provided while in transit.
3. Purchase a kennel larger than the minimum requirements with ventilation holes in the back panel. This will allow more air to flow through the kennel freely.
4. Acclimate the animal as much as possible to the kennel environment. This can be the animal’s home for up to 12 hours at a time (depending on the length of the flight). Stress levels have proven to drop dramatically for animals accustomed to the travel environment.
5. DO NOT SEDATE - The combination of sedatives and pressurized environments/altitudes on animals has proven to be a deadly cocktail as the outcomes are totally unpredictable. In addition, airlines will not accept a noticeably sedated animal.
Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless
Irrespective of whether Customer complies with the above-listed recommendations, PetRelocation LLC shall not be held liable for any loss, injury, including but not limited to death, or any other damage sustained by your pet during the relocation process due to complications related to your pet(s)’ age.
Customer represents having read this notice, including the Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless provisions contained herein, and fully understands the risks associated with transporting an elderly pet. Customer further acknowledges that Pet Relocation has made no oral representations, statements, or inducements.